1. What is freelancing?
A freelancer is self-employed who offers services & often referred to as an independent contractor. Freelancers are hired by other companies on a part-time or short-term basis, but they don’t get the same compensation as full-time employees or have the same level of commitment to any particular company.
2. How much person can earn on an average basis?
According to 2020 freelancing Upwork’s research data, they earn an average hourly rate of $20 in the United States. Freelancers working in web/mobile development, marketing, legal, accounting & other skilled services can earn higher than $28 in the US.
Most popular freelancing career:
- General & Mobile developers
- Graphic designers
- Online marketers
- CRM managers
- Data analyst
3. What is the freelancing platform available?
Here are 4 of the best sites to find freelancing jobs are:
At the start of 2014, 2 of the most famous well-known freelancer websites, Elance & oDesk merged to produce Upwork. Upwork has over 12 million registered freelancers and 5 million clients, making it one of the leading services of its kind. The website is perfect & easy to navigate. Plus, you get plenty of work regarding your assigned work and know what your applicant demands from you.
It’s a pretty straightforward website to use. Easy to sign up on the website & you can list up to twenty of your skills once registered. After this, the website searches for suitable jobs for your required talents. It allows you to become competitive & sows how much your experienced rivals charged typically. The unique feature of this website is showing how much people are biding to a single project, where other websites don’t have this.
It’s a super friendly company, even inviting freelancers to use a desk in their office-nice touch! You have often seen how much clients on PeoplePerHour are willing to pay for a project. They often spotted a job that involved a coining budget of £287 which is cool.
The above 3 sites are the major contenders in quest of your freelancing work. But there is a quirky site that is worth mentioning is Fiverr. This site started a market palace, where people offer their services and gigs just for $5. Few creative examples of their tasks are:
- Create a cinematic movie trailer for $5
- $5 for writing a message underwater
- Voiceover for someone for $5
You can also offer add-ons for any price you wish for $20 for long videos or articles.
4. How to start freelancing?
There are some of the following ways you can keep in mind to start as a freelancer:
- First, choose a freelance membership level that suits you best.
- Secondly, be specific about the freelance jobs category.
- Consider the sponsored proposals it, means you are on the top client’s priority list.
- Lastly, personalize every single application.
Skills for freelancing:
The skills required in a person working as a freelancer are the following:
- Being a smart creative writer
- Know the basics of graphic designing.
- Good animation & video making skills
- Knowledge about data entry
- Excellent digital marketing skills
- Know about React native/ WordPress/ Angular JS
- Use of SEO
- Website developer
- Software developer
Benefits of freelancing:
Freelancers commonly reported the following benefits:
- Get freedom in managing their schedule
- Flexibility of location
- More opportunities in employment
- Rewarding & diversity of work
- Similar productivity as compared to an on-site job
5. How to evaluate freelancing, If it’s a good choice?
Freelancing hiring websites keenly evaluate that you got excellent communication skills, technical skills, great experience in remote engagement, and good reference background for clients dealing with those qualities that put an eye-catching impact on your portfolio. It’s a good choice for anyone to persuade his/her career as a freelancer. Moreover, a freelancer is not a full-time job, you earn a good salary, and students are highly obliged in this field to help them become self-dependent.